Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Warm-Up Sketch: Marshall Law

Here's a sketch of Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's seminal (and frankly rather alarming) creation, Marshall Law. I loved/feared the Lawman when I was an impressionable teen, and got into some trouble when my old man found a copy of Strip! (which featured some ML naughtiness) in my room.

Pentel brush pen and PITT pen on printer paper, with photoshop

I really enjoyed drawing this, and I think it shows. Thanks to Mighty Mark Cardwell for the suggestion.

7 comments:

WJC said...

Another winner! I'd battled through 'the fear' with Mills and O'Niell's Nemesis, so I was dead happy to see them go the extra mile with Marshal Law.
Cracking version of him too!

WJC said...

Ta, for the link too.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Between this guy and Judge Dredd, I'm noticing a small pattern with comic heroes of the UK.

Good stuff, though. It's got lots of energy.


-David

Dan McDaid said...

Yeah, they're all mad, unpleasant bastards. Ah, it's good to be British.

If you haven't read the comic, my pic sums it up pretty concisely I would say...!

Dan McDaid said...

Oh, and thanks for the kind words Warwick. I'll be posting something later today which might interest you...

Mark Kardwell said...

Wasn't it was WJC who first suggested Marshall Law, surely? I just seconded that emotion.

Dan McDaid said...

Now that... *that* is a terrible song.

Anyway, ta for the heads-up - and sorry for the mix-up!