Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Panels of the Apes!

so a few months ago, I was asked to try out for Boom Studios forthcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes book. I initally said no, if you can believe that, as I had a pretty full plate at the time. But my friends and family essentially convinced me that to turn this book down would be the actions of a lunatic (I think my missus called me an asshat?), so I crawled back to the lovely people at Boom and told them that yes, indeed I would love to try out, and sorry for being an idiot earlier. And below is what I done did:




I believe the thinking here was to see how well I could deliver the world of the apes, and how well I could convey Malcolm's world, the fall of man. Looking back, I could do these better now, but they did the job, landed me the gig, and the rest, as they say, is yet to come.

No comments: