Thursday, April 24, 2014


Hello there! Just thought I'd put some of my recent colour here, in one neat, easy-wipe, handy-dandy place and... Uck, what an irritating shctick. Yeah, so... no one looks at blogs any more, do they? But still, this tends to be the address I send people to when I want to showcase my work, so I REALLY SHOULD UPDATE from time to time.

As threatened - here comes the art:

This is Abslom Daak. I've got a big colouring job coming up soon - finally finishing Time Share for Oni Press, if you can  believe that. It's been years! Anyway, in order to get myself set for it I've been doing some colour warm-ups. This is a slightly older piece, but it looks pretty nifty in full colour.

This is the Question. I love drawing the Question. The vibe I was going for here was kind of a Graham Greene, American in Tangiers during WWII thing. He's roasting in that get-up, but he's damned if he's letting standards slip.

This is Clara de Noche, who I know next to nothing about but I think she's a character from Bernet's Torpedo? It's not a great likeness, so honestly it could be *anybody*, but I really like the colour job I did here.

And finally here's Abby and Swamp Thing. A bit of a love letter this, to Wrightson, to Moore, to Totleben, Veitch and Bisette and of course to big, ugly old Alec himself. If someone offered me a Swamp Thing job tomorrow, I'd take it like a shot.

OK, that's it. Thanks for stopping by. If you want to see more of my art, you can follow me on tumblr or on my Twitter feed, where I post quite a lot of art on the reg, as they say. And I'll be back here with more stuff... soon. Ish.



Le Mc said...

Does no one read blogs anymore?

cerebus660 said...

Hey,I still read blogs... that's why I'm here :-)

Great artwork as ever, Dan! Love the Swampy and Abby piece.

Dan McDaid said...

Great to hear, guys! I feel like most people have moved their browsing over to Twitter, facebook and Tumblr, so it's nice to hear some are still keeping the flame.