Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HIT ME!

Remember that bit in the Dark Knight when the Joker's stood there in the middle of the street, and that crazy old Batman is speeding towards him on his massive bike, and then Batman pussies out because the Joker is too awesome to kill? Imagine that but with Adam West and Cesar Romero:


This was another recent commission. It's the most fun I've had with my drawing in bloody ages - I almost don't want to give it away. The commissioner (lol) asked me to take a moment from Batman's "dark" era (ie. everything since 1986), and recast that moment with the 60s Batman and Joker. I was torn between this and the neck-snapping bit in Dark Knight Returns. But no one wants to see Adam West snapping Cesar Romero's neck - that's too frigging horrible for words. So I picked this fairly iconic bit from The Dark Knight. Which in turn, let's be honest, is not a million miles from this:



Love that Joker!

Adding Burt Ward's Robin was my idea - sixties Batman is nothing without his monkey wrench, after all.

3 comments:

Pj Perez said...

1. All Joker laughing panels should be filled with the HA background.

2. Watching that one sad clip reinforces why, when talking to a friend about how much we loved "Batman" when it came out in '89, he should not attempt to ever watch it again, because those good memories will be forever ruined.

Dan McDaid said...

My secret shame: I LOVE the '89 Batman. Me and the missus practically know the whole film off by heart.

Michal said...

I think the Dark Knight would have been masses better with Caesar. I hated it, bar the Two-Face originy bit.