Saturday, June 14, 2008

Warm-Up Sketch: inevitable Wolverine sketch

Wolverine versus some ninjas. I did this with Wacom tablet as a warm-up for some games work I've got coming up. I'll post sneaky previews of this as I get through it.

Wacom tablet and photoshop and wasn't Doctor Who good tonight? A real cracker I thought, and the best of this run so far (with Fires of Pompei a close second). But hey now, what about that Next Time trailer? Delicious stuff. What's on Donna's back? My guess - one of the Spiders of Metebelis 3, last seen in Planet of the Spiders. She's got previous with spiders, of course. I hope I'm right!

1 comment:

Mark Kardwell said...

DOCTOR WHO kicked my ass tonight.

Wasn't expecting much, a filler before the last few episodes' big Rose Tyler arc, but it was a great little teleplay. As I've said elsewhere, it reminded me of how great tele-playwrights like Nigel Kneale or Dennis Potter could really freak you out in your own living-room, and even dipped into territory which reminded me of big ol' proper art - the theatres of cruely and absurdity - the plays of Pinter, Beckett, Sartre, Ionesco.

And how great that when everyone in WHO fandom has written off/given up on RTD, he pulls one off like this?